Skip to main content

She's going home.....bye bye....

As opposed to she's leaving home...well you won't get this if you aren't a fan of a certain band...

Ah well...here I sit in the lounge at Hamilton airport...pretty small but hey I can sit at a proper table in the bar area (though I'm drinking Tim Hortons tea...so far they haven't booted me out) so for the first time ever my tablet gets to see something of an airport besides the security carousal....which reminds me...when I left Iceland a fellow asked me if this was the Microsoft surface and I said yes and he said sorry about the keyboard...turns out he was on the design team for the Microsoft Surface so we discussed what one I had (RT) . I opened it up and showed him the keyboard and he said "ah"....as I splurged for the type keyboard (thanks to my friend June for bringing it to Portugal for me...trust me there would not have been many blog posts if I had to use that all the time)  after suffering with the touch keyboard which is the one he meant... I said I do have an issue with using Facebook and he said that's the app....uh...not really..I go through Internet Explorer but oh well...anyway where was I going with this?  Anyway my tablet (shit... just spilled a bit of tea all over myself and my brand new shirt but my tablet was spared.......) is being used for one of the last times for a while me thinks....

I had a nice time with my sister in Hamilton - visited the park by Hamilton Bay (west end of Lake Ontario today) today as well as the local market and did a bit of exploring yesterday as well.  Until it started pouring on us! Tuesday we went into Toronto where I got myself two new pair of New Balance shoes (had one pair shipped home and wearing the other pair - they threw out the pair I have been wearing most days since mid December...they were not a pretty sight....) and had a meal with my niece who lives there.  I had some great home cooked meals...thanks Colleen! 

Now it's time to head home...wow did that time ever go fast....six months and one day ago I left and what an adventure it has been.  It's hard to believe that I will be sleeping in my own bed tonight....:)

I booked air miles for the trip home which means I have a four hour flight to Calgary then less than an hour between flights and a one and a half hour flight home.  I think my keys are gone for good...went through everything for the third time last night...all I can think of is they fell out at one of the hotels I was at ...perhaps Turkey?  If they fell on carpet I would not have heard them....I have no clue where I stored them in their "safe place"....sigh....so another hassle having to get the building manager to let me in and the financial cost of getting another key and building entrance fob.  Luckily I do have a spare set...somewhere.....

I will be writing more on my feelings on this wonderful journey as well as loads more stories...lots more to tell about Turkey (including my Turkish bath - sorry no photos!) and Prague and Vienna and Ireland...well the list goes on and on.... I had high hopes of doing an online diary every day but it just didn't work.  I wanted to be out living my life and at the end of the day I was usually too tired to do much or wasn't in ideal circumstances to write. (more on that to come..).

Next blog post will be from home!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peeing on fish or a fish out of water

Well this morning we headed off by boat to Siem Reap.  Due to the low water on the Tonie Sap Lake (more like a river until near the end of the trip when it widened considerably) the trip would be an 8 hour one... It was supposed to be boring but ended up as anything but...in no certain order...let's see.... We had a rest stop (turned out to be the only one) along the way and the loo was just a hole over the lake and there were fish circling around underneath.  Yes it was just a hole in the floor...you definitely had someone watch your stuff while you went in or one false move and your camera/purse or whatever would be in the lake.  The fish either like the warm pee coming in or they are pervs and like to see ladies parts.  We were just a few minutes out when all of a sudden there was something flying over me and jumping all over the floor - a little fish!  Guess he wanted to join the tour.  Roger reached down and scooped him up while I hooted and hollered.  Okay it wasn&#

A walk along the coffin trail (and a couple of lakes) in the Lake District

While in the Lake District I wanted to do some light walking but not heavy duty hiking where I could easily get lost and my body not found for days partially eaten by hungry...sheep?  Anyway, you get the drift...not too grueling and safe for a solo walker.  I get a bit nervous when I am too far from civilization. There are lots of books about walking in the Lake District but they seem to be all about walking the fells in remote places...neither Thelma nor I fancied that.  While browsing in the post office/shop in Ambleside one day (if you are ever in Ambleside you must go there - a treasure!) I found a stand of walk descriptions on post cards.  And there I found my walk.  After all who could resist a stroll on the "coffin trail" in William Wordsworth country... I took a look and thought hmm...cafe along the route...that works for me. (with at least the security of knowing there was an available "loo" along the way.)  Okay, I may not have totally followed the

The highlights of my Fall 2023 trip

I'm back home after a great six weeks away. This was a "short" trip for me.  So here we go with an overview of my trip.   London London for me is always a good idea.  I fell in love with it back in the mid 70's and it's been calling me back ever since. Some of the best things in my life have happened in London.  When I learned my two Oz friends Loraine and Linda were going to be in London in the fall I knew I had to be there.  And what fun we had!!  Of course, I did loads of other things as well.  I spent two weeks there from mid September until very early October and then back again for four nights at the end of October before flying home.   After over five years (delayed for two and a half years thanks to Covid) of walking, I finally finished the 126 km Capital Ring.  The picture above is taken at the end of my walk and where I started in May of 2018 at the main door of Streatham Common station just steps from my B and B.  What a walk!  I got to see so much more