Skip to main content

Hello from hot humid Toronto


Now that's what you call breakfast!
Whoa mama it's hot here. I wandered around today and didn't get much accomplished at all. But first I must say it was another hot hot concert last night. Wow. Three hours of rock and roll and at age 68 he has way more energy than me ten years younger. Awesome as always. Near the end of the show he brought up a young woman who had a sign saying could you sign my arm and I won't put it on Ebay (he had made jokes about it earlier) and she was from Saskatchewan and Paul announced it and pronounced it right. I was very impressed as some people in this country can't get it right. I shrieked and hollered of course. :) Anyway well worth the trip out here for it and I'd do it again and again. As long as he's touring I will keep going to his concerts. It's fun and it makes me feel 12 years old again and if people don't like it well they can just go someplace really really warm!!! (how's that for being polite!)

Today I had a huge brekky at Fran's Place - sat outside and it was bliss. I tried to finish a huge plate of scrambled eggs, maple infused sausages, beans, sweet potatoe fries and toast. I enjoyed it immensely and while I was eating "Baker Street" came on the store's stereo system- one of my fave songs ever even if it isn't exactly pro-London - came on and I thought "this is wonderful- this is one of those moments in my life that is pure happiness". I couldn't think of anywhere I would rather be at that point in time and thought how lucky I am to be able to do things like this. Simple things like sitting in a coffee shop with a good song playing...just little things in life.

I took the streetcar west on King to Mountain Equipment Co-op but didnt' buy anything - am too damn fat. Well we won't go there. Anyhoo I also looked at backpacks being as my travel backpack's zipper broke while I was packing up last Thursday night and picked one out but will order it on line so I don't have to haul it home. I wandered around looking at things so at least I know what they look like so can order on line.

Off to St. Lawrence Market but it was noon and too crowded so walked around trying to find Bath and Body Works. Oh man. My dogs are still barking big time - I knew it was somewhere on King. Anyway after loads of wandering around I found it and restrained myself as I have to haul it back on the plane which itself is't a problem - it's getting to the airport on the subway/bus.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring....if it's hot like this can't see walking much. I want to check out the market at Toronto city Hall and buy some good Montreal style bagels. Maybe check out the lake front again.

Tonight I am meeting my niece and her boyfriend for a meal (Indian food) on Bloor so looking forward to that.

Oh I got moved into the double room - very nice and the air conditioning is a much bigger better unit. It was bliss walking in here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peeing on fish or a fish out of water

Well this morning we headed off by boat to Siem Reap.  Due to the low water on the Tonie Sap Lake (more like a river until near the end of the trip when it widened considerably) the trip would be an 8 hour one... It was supposed to be boring but ended up as anything but...in no certain order...let's see.... We had a rest stop (turned out to be the only one) along the way and the loo was just a hole over the lake and there were fish circling around underneath.  Yes it was just a hole in the floor...you definitely had someone watch your stuff while you went in or one false move and your camera/purse or whatever would be in the lake.  The fish either like the warm pee coming in or they are pervs and like to see ladies parts.  We were just a few minutes out when all of a sudden there was something flying over me and jumping all over the floor - a little fish!  Guess he wanted to join the tour.  Roger reached down and scooped him up while I hooted and hollered.  Okay it wasn&#

A walk along the coffin trail (and a couple of lakes) in the Lake District

While in the Lake District I wanted to do some light walking but not heavy duty hiking where I could easily get lost and my body not found for days partially eaten by hungry...sheep?  Anyway, you get the drift...not too grueling and safe for a solo walker.  I get a bit nervous when I am too far from civilization. There are lots of books about walking in the Lake District but they seem to be all about walking the fells in remote places...neither Thelma nor I fancied that.  While browsing in the post office/shop in Ambleside one day (if you are ever in Ambleside you must go there - a treasure!) I found a stand of walk descriptions on post cards.  And there I found my walk.  After all who could resist a stroll on the "coffin trail" in William Wordsworth country... I took a look and thought hmm...cafe along the route...that works for me. (with at least the security of knowing there was an available "loo" along the way.)  Okay, I may not have totally followed the

The highlights of my Fall 2023 trip

I'm back home after a great six weeks away. This was a "short" trip for me.  So here we go with an overview of my trip.   London London for me is always a good idea.  I fell in love with it back in the mid 70's and it's been calling me back ever since. Some of the best things in my life have happened in London.  When I learned my two Oz friends Loraine and Linda were going to be in London in the fall I knew I had to be there.  And what fun we had!!  Of course, I did loads of other things as well.  I spent two weeks there from mid September until very early October and then back again for four nights at the end of October before flying home.   After over five years (delayed for two and a half years thanks to Covid) of walking, I finally finished the 126 km Capital Ring.  The picture above is taken at the end of my walk and where I started in May of 2018 at the main door of Streatham Common station just steps from my B and B.  What a walk!  I got to see so much more